Welcome to our new “Be a Witness” series! We’ve been working on this for a while, and with each topic have invited those with experience in these fields to help us learn how to be a witness.
Peter hosts today’s podcast, and our guest is counselor Emmanuel “Viv” John, a Christian psychologist who has served the Lord in this field for many years. Together, they’ll be looking at an area that believers tend to struggle with when it comes to “Being a Witness”: that area being homosexuality and sexual abuse. We’ve received questions about this topic in the past, some of which are—
- How to witness to someone who identifies as LGBTQ+, especially with the fundamentally different foundational beliefs?
- The Bible clearly indicates that homosexuality is a sin and dishonors God, but there is also a human aspect: the specific individual clearly has a physical attraction to the same sex. How do you reconcile both?
- In our Christian circles, we might have people who experience same-sex attraction. How do you handle this in a loving but God-honoring way?
- What do you answer to someone who says, ‘Where was God when I was being sexually abused?’
—and we want to address each of them with Truth and Grace.
Throughout the podcast, we touch on these important questions and their biblical answers with:
- Examples of how Jesus handled these same situations (John 4 with the Samaritan woman being a clear example)
- How we should view witnessing and view the person we are witnessing to
- What our goal should be
- That our desire should be to grow closer with the Lord, to know God, and to make Him known.
Listeners, thank you for coming along on this discussion; we hope that this topic doesn’t end here for you. Study the Bible and see for yourself the way our God loves, redeems, and renews. Our brother Tim Hadley over at Anchors for Life Ministries (who will be joining us for one of our next “Be a Witness” podcasts), has a Q&A video on this topic, “What Does the Bible Say About Homosexuality and Transgenderism?” If you have further questions because of what you heard in the episode or from your own experiences, please reach out. Questions can be submitted through the “Ask A Question” page, or feel free to leave a comment or send an email via the “Contact Us” page.
Subscribe so you don’t miss an episode!
A place for casual discussions of Biblical principles and difficult questions that face the Christian believer. We believe that the Bible can speak to todays issues, giving us the wisdom and courage we need for our lives. Find us online at https://patternsoftruth.org/